Pokémon Café
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokémon Café

Welcome to Pokémon Café! You can battle and trade with Pokemon. Enjoy your stay!

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Running on empty...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AlbinoPokemon

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-07-20

Essentials
Record:
Mini Team:
D/P Friend Code: 1418 3253 0207

Running on empty... Empty
PostSubject: Running on empty...   Running on empty... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 3:30 am

It seems that when I lose, I lose because I have too many of a bad pokemon.
I need serious help, as this is my FIRST time with natures, EVs, etc. I am considering of dropping out of tournament 3 because of this.

So, here's an example of what I think:

Sweeper: All attacks, EVs in Speed and Attack

Special Wall: All helping buffs and DoTs (Light Screen, Softboiled, Toxic Spikes...)
EVs in Sp. Def and HP

Phys. Wall: Same as special but with Def. instead of Sp. Def

Spinner: Don't know.

Special Sweeper: All Special attacks, EVs in Speed and Sp. Atk
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My team desire for PBR and stuff is something like Starmie, Magmortar, Garchomp, Electivire, Blissey(?), and Ninjask.

Ninjask for the speed buff (BTW where do I get Explosion and toxic spikes for TMs?)

Blissey for a wall and to help with the overall Defence of the team

Starmie for a range of special attacks

Magmortar for a different range of special attacks

Garchomp for a sweeper

Electivire for another sweeper.

The strategy is to send out (6v6) Ninjask. From there I use substitute, and normally the opponent will kill it. I use protect, speed again. Substitute, until I feel comfy with the speed, which then I will baton pass.

IF the opponent uses swords dance I will keep buffing speed, with substitute out I will use protect, and keep making subs on the turn he gets through my original sub. Baton Pass after good speed.

Now, let's say Charizard is on the field and I pass to Starmie. From there my options are:
-Surf
-Thunderbolt

Since the classic response a trainer's instinct is, "Oh, 1.5 x 2 = 3x the damage with water." I use thunderbolt. Most likely s/he will NOT switch to a ground type, 'cause he thinks Starmie will annihilate it with water. I will use thunderbolt most likely. BUT, if on the title screen I am facing someone I know, or someone who has loads of ground types, I'll use surf. Wondering about Grass? Ice beam.

Now for Blissey. If one of you could tell me where to get Power Whip I'd be happy. Anyways, Blissey will use Light Screen/Reflect and use substitute. Baton Pass, and you have a sub with 1/4 of 714 (assuming perfect IVs)
This will then increase my defences AND I will have a wall to attack from behind.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nutshell:
-Where do I get power whip, toxic spikes, baton pass, explosion.
-Read my strategy above and critisize it.
-Hay is for Horsea
Back to top Go down
Coffee
Head Administrator
Head Administrator
Coffee

Male
Number of posts : 65
Time Zone : EST
D/P Friend Name : Alex
Short Phrase of Self : I like coffee.
Registration date : 2007-07-11

Essentials
Record:
Mini Team:
D/P Friend Code: 3608 7593 4282

PostSubject: Re: Running on empty...   Running on empty... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2007 2:16 pm

The first sweeper you mentioned should be Physical sweeper. Walls are pokemon with excellent stats in one of the defenses or even both. So for example, a careful snorlax EV'd in hp and special defense would be a special wall becasuse of its high special defense and hp. The same goes for defense..a forretress or cloyster is a good one. Ninjask should hold a pinch berry to go along with the speed boost. then baton pass away to a sweeper and well..sweep!

Secondly, you really gotta memorize the tms..xP there is 92 tms and 92 only. Just search it or something lol.

Thirdly, Blissey can't baton pass and it's almost never a good poke to sub with. Blissey NEEDS seismic toss, aromatherapy, and possibly counter. and softboild to heal itself. You can replace counter with another special attack or t-wave..

oh and also, spinners are pokemon with the move rapid spin. It gets rid of stealth rock, spikes, toxic spikes, wrap, fire spin, whirpool and etc.
Back to top Go down
https://pokemoncafe.forumotion.com
AlbinoPokemon

Essentials
Record:
Mini Team:

PostSubject: Re: Running on empty...   Running on empty... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 12:44 am

1. I can't find Nincada though, because I don't know which shakes in the grass mean what.

2. Okay lol So i herd u liek mudkips xD

3. Blissey can learn seismic toss? How?

4. Like Beyblades? O.o

lol thanks
Back to top Go down
Gallade Freak
Coal Badge
Coal Badge
Gallade Freak

Male
Number of posts : 64
D/P Friend Name : Seth
Short Phrase of Self : its not about the level, it is about the stats and how u train pokemon
Registration date : 2007-07-15

Essentials
Record:
Mini Team:
D/P Friend Code:

PostSubject: Re: Running on empty...   Running on empty... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 1:26 pm

1. i LOVE mudkips
2. my pokemon stink
3. what are keyblades
4. albino pokemon u are not alone
Back to top Go down
http://pokeplanet.phpbbnow.com
Coffee
Head Administrator
Head Administrator
Coffee

Male
Number of posts : 65
Time Zone : EST
D/P Friend Name : Alex
Short Phrase of Self : I like coffee.
Registration date : 2007-07-11

Essentials
Record:
Mini Team:
D/P Friend Code: 3608 7593 4282

PostSubject: Re: Running on empty...   Running on empty... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 1:56 pm

seismic toss can be learned in fr or lg move tutor.and maybe emrald
Back to top Go down
https://pokemoncafe.forumotion.com
AlbinoPokemon

Essentials
Record:
Mini Team:

PostSubject: Re: Running on empty...   Running on empty... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 5:01 pm

OK, now what do the different grass shakings mean? I've seen one with blue popping out, and one that shakes softly.

lol Gallade. xD mudkip xDD

Beyblades were a spinning top toy that were used to beat eachother up in a stadium, first one to stop spinning loses
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Running on empty...   Running on empty... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Running on empty...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokémon Café :: Pokemon :: Diamond and Pearl Discussion-
Jump to: